We concern our customer privacy seriously and we will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below.
We will only collect information where it is necessary and relevant to our dealings with you.
We will only keep your information as long as we are either required by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
You can visit the site and browse without having to provide personal details. During your visit you remain anonymous and at no time can we identify you unless you have created an account on the site and logged on with your user name and password.
Should you have any comments or suggestions, please send us through the Site HERE
Chyaaa.com takes its responsibilities in relation to protecting your Personal Data and compliance with Applicable Laws seriously. We are committed to properly managing, protecting, and processing your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy, which shall apply to all Personal Data we collect from you through our platforms.
Please read and review this Policy, which informs you how we collect, use, process, and disclose Personal Data. We may also collect and process your Personal Data under any exceptions to Applicable Laws, which are not set out in this Policy.
For the purpose of understanding Chyaaa.com's Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”), capitalized terms used in this Policy shall have the following meanings:
“Applicable Laws” means Hong Kong’s Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) and it is subsidiary legislation and regulations as amended from time to time;
“Apps” means our Chyaaa.com mobile-responsive apps on iOS and Android;
“Chyaaa.com, we, us or our” means www.Chyaaa.com.
“Personal Data” means any data which is (a) about an individual who can be identified (i) from that data, or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have and would include data in our records as may be updated timely, or (b) defined as “personal data” or “personal information” under any Applicable Laws.
“Platforms” means Chyaaa.com’s mobile-responsive apps, Social Media and Website, and any other websites or applications which we may own or operate;
“Social Media” means Chyaaa.com’s pages and accounts on third party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+’
“Retail Goods and Services” means sales of goods or provision of services we provide (whether through physical or online channels or in any other media now known or available in the future)
During our relationship with you, we may collect Personal Data from you. Examples of the types of Personal Data we may collect include your name, contact details, mailing, and delivery addresses, email address, birthday, network and device data, your shopping or browsing behavior, facial image, voice recording (for customer service calls), and any other personally identifiable information which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in the course of any other forms of interaction between you and us.
We will notify you when you must provide such Personal Data. Where it is mandatory to provide such Personal Data, please note that if you do not provide such Personal Data to us, then we may not be able to provide our services to you. We may also request other Personal Data which is not marked as “mandatory” where it is entirely voluntary for you to provide such Personal Data (though please note that such personal data are used for the purpose of improving our understanding of our platforms’ and users and providing better products and/or services).
Should you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third party by submitting such Personal Data to us, this implies that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
We may update this Policy timely to ensure that it is consistent with industry practice and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. We will endeavor to notify you by email or by notice on the Website of any material changes to the Policy.
(1) viewing our Policy or any web form referring to this Policy on any of our online platforms,
(2) submitting your Personal Data when signing up for an account on the Website,
(3) browsing our Website, or
(4) ordering any of our products and services,
You are agreeing to the terms of this policy.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect Personal Data from you when you are:
- Registering an account on our Website or through the mobile-responsive Apps;
- Browsing our products and services or otherwise interacting with our Website and mobile-responsive Apps;
- Accepting our cookies on your device;
- Interacting with our representatives, for example, via our web form, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
- Interacting with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
- Receiving references from business partners and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you purchased through them;
- Participating in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives, or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- Submitting your Personal Data to us through your authorized representative for any purpose reasonably authorized by you, for example, if such representative is purchasing our product or service to be delivered to you or as a gift;
- Giving your Personal Data to us through our third-party analytics and other services
providers, which was collected, processed by them, and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or voluntarily submitting your Personal Data to us by you for any reason.
We may also collect your Personal Data in circumstances where such collection does not require consent under Applicable Laws.
Please make sure that all information submitted is accurate, complete, and correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
Please also take note of our Cookies Policy below in respect of the data collected and used by third-party cookies and trackers on our Website and mobile-responsive Apps.
USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use and disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our products and services, including:
- Register and maintain your registered account, and verify your identity or age;
- Provide you with support services and functions related to your registered account, such as saved items in the cart, wish list, brand or product notifications;
- Communicate with you in relation to your queries, requests, and feedback to Terms of Service, Policy, or other terms and conditions of our Website or mobile-responsive Apps, and matters relating to the operation of your account;
- Personalize and improve your customer experience when visiting our Website and mobile-responsive Apps, for example by prioritizing products and services appearing in your search results;
- Comply with internal risk controls, the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or any applicable law;
- Monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms of Service, including dispute resolution;
Ensure our Website and mobile-responsive Apps function properly and improve their performance by carrying out activities such as debugging, and statistical analysis for optimizing our Website and mobile-responsive Apps.
Besides, we may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications in relation to our Retail Goods and Services (as applicable), and promotions in relation thereto, or the Platforms;
- Deliver ads that are related to our Retail Goods and Services (as applicable) which may be of interest to you on the Platforms or other websites or mobile responsive apps;
- Enable businesses to deliver ads that are related to their Retail Goods and Services (as applicable) which may be of interest to you;
- Provide you with our add-on or premium services;
- Invite you to our private customer events;
- Process your participation in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives, or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- Process your participation in our business partners’ loyalty or point redemption programs;
- Conduct market and customer research, analysis, or tracking;
- Promote our products and services on our platforms;
- Manage the administrative and business operations of Chyaaa.com and comply with internal policies and procedures;
- Improve your customer experience across all touchpoints and train our customer experience team, such as by recording and monitoring phone calls; and involve in any specific purpose in relation to a particular product or service, which we may separately notify you on the product or service page;
Note: We cannot use your Personal Data to send you any marketing communications without your consent. If you have given us your consent, you may withdraw your consent in accordance with the “Withdrawing Consent” below. If you withdraw your consent for us to use and process your Personal Data for the Purposes or Additional Purposes (except relating to sending you marketing communications), we may no longer be able to provide you with the related products, and services, or benefits associated with our promotion.
SHARING WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Regarding our use of your Personal Data, we may disclose your Personal Data to our:
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers;
- Payment processors, who process your payment on the Website and mobile responsive Apps;
- Logistics providers, such as courier services which will deliver your order to you;
- Business partners who separately maintain an account with you for loyalty or point redemption programs;
- Business partners or vendors in connection with the processing of any promotion, event, or service organized by us;
- Professional advisers and consultants who provide legal and other advisory or consultancy services;
- Agents, contractors, or service providers who provide operational services to us, such as online cloud storage and processing, marketing optimization, information technology, telecommunications, security, or other relevant services which require their collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Data; and any other party whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data.
We do our best to minimize the disclosure of your Personal Data to the information necessary to perform the sharing purposes as stated above.
ACCESSING OR CORRECTING PERSONAL DATA
You may access or correct your name, e-mail address, birthday, shipping and billing addresses, contact numbers, and other Personal Data by logging in to your registered account on the Website or mobile-responsive Apps.
For Personal Data that cannot be corrected by you by logging in to your account, you may request to access and correct such Personal Data by submitting a written request to us here for the correction. We may need to request additional information from you to confirm your identity before providing access or making corrections.
We will do our best to respond to Personal Data access and correction requests within 30 days. Where we are unable to meet this timeline, we will update you with the soonest possible time within which we can provide the information or make the correction. Please note that certain types of Personal Data access and correction requests may be exempt under Applicable Laws.
Note that we may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your Personal Data access request.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales, marketing, or promotional information, please inform us as follows:
- To withdraw consent from receiving SMS promotions: please unsubscribe by following the steps provided in the promotional SMS;
- To withdraw consent from promotional emails: please click on the Unsubscribe link in the promotional emails;
- To withdraw consent for any other marketing communications: please make a request here.
Once we receive notification that you wish to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials or communications, it may take up to thirty (30) days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. So you may still receive marketing or promotional materials or communications during this period.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing or promotional materials through a specific communication mode (e.g. SMS), we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the products and services via other communication modes you have subscribed to (e.g. email).
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use, and/or disclosure of any of your Personal Data in our possession or under our control by submitting a written request via email to our Data Protection Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HERE. Note that, depending on the nature of the consent withdrawal, we may not be able to continue to provide you with some or all of our products or services. We will process such a request within a reasonable time upon receiving the notice of your withdrawal of consent. Once the processing is complete, we will no longer collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data, except to the extent we retain your Personal Data for compliance, regulatory, or other legal purposes.
ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Data likely to be used by users disclosed by us to another organization is accurate and complete. However, you should update us on any changes in your Personal Data. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data if you have not updated us on changes.
We will also provide reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured. This includes enforcing reasonable measures to prevent any unauthorized or accidental access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage, erasure, or alteration of your Personal Data. However, we will not be responsible for any unauthorized or accidental access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage, erasure, or alteration of Personal Data by third parties which is attributable to factors beyond our control.
When Personal Data in our possession is (i) no longer required for any reason connected to the purpose it was originally collected or (ii) retention by us is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes, we will exercise measures to ensure such Personal Data is either destroyed or anonymized.
If Personal Data is transferred out of Hong Kong, we will comply with Applicable Laws in doing so. This includes: (i) obtaining your consent, unless an exception exists under Applicable Laws or any other laws, and (ii) taking reasonable steps to ascertain whether the foreign recipient of the Personal Data is bound to comply with standards of protection that are at least comparable to the Applicable Laws.
Chyaaa.com uses the services of third-party vendors, who may implement cookies on the Website. Advertisements on the Website may be provided by third-party agencies. These advertisements may also generate cookies, for example, to track how many people have viewed the advertisement. The collection, use, and disclosure of information, including Personal Data, collected by such third-party cookies are subject to the privacy and data protection policies of the third-party vendors and are not under our control.
You may reject third-party cookies through the settings on your browser. Note that this may result in the loss of Website functionality, restrict your use of the Website, or delay or affect the way in which the Website operates.
For any questions relating to your Personal Data or about this Policy, if you have a complaint regarding the collection, use, or handling of your Personal Data by us, or a question about how we are complying with Applicable Laws, you may contact our Data Protection Team HERE, with attention to the ‘Data Protection Team.
Emails and letters should clearly state that you are making a data protection query, request, or complain in the subject line to ensure the matter is dealt with expediently. We will strive to deal with any query, request, or complaint promptly and fairly.
This Policy and your use of this Website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Hong Kong, and the parties hereto irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts.
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures, and processes from time to time. In this regard, Chyaaa.com may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with industry practice and any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Policy at our absolute discretion.
You are encouraged to visit the above Website from time to time to ensure that you are well-informed of our latest policies in relation to Personal Data protection.
Nothing in this Policy shall limit your rights under Applicable Laws.
The provisions of this Policy shall be severable, and if any provision, or part-provision, of this Policy, shall be held or declared to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, such illegality, invalidity, or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision, or part-provision, of this Policy, and the remainder of this Policy, disregarding such illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision, or part-provision, shall continue in full force and effect as though such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision, or part-provision, had not been contained in this Policy.This Policy will be in the English language and Chinese language. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.